Subject: Bug#538348: pkgsel/tasksel: can no longer determine free space for desktop task

From: Colin Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:10:24 +0100

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 03:21:00AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> tasksel wants to do in the target chroot:
> tasksel/tests/desktop:  disk=$(df -P /usr | tail -1 | awk '{print $4}')
> 
> But this fails with:
> in-target: df:
> in-target: Warning: cannot read table of mounted file systems
> in-target: : No such file or directory
> 
> Probably related to the problem reported by Martin re. initramfs-tools:
> an incorrect state of /etc/mtab in /target. It may also a result of the 
> change Colin committed in debootstrap this week.

Mm, yes, that's probable, although without that change it would
presumably have been getting garbage data from /etc/mtab anyway. (df
doesn't seem to fall back to /proc/mounts.)

Perhaps we should temporarily make /target/etc/mtab a symlink to
/proc/mounts while running tasksel? Eventually I believe the plan is to
do that in the regular system anyway, but until the rest of the world
catches up ...

-- 
Colin Watson                                       [[email-masked]]