Subject: devscripts: wnpp-alert - Format the output to line-up columns

From: jaalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 00:06:03 +0300

Package: devscripts
Version: 2.10.53
Severity: minor

The display of wnpp-alert(1) is quite rugged:

    O 540906 avifile -- XviD video encoding plugin for libavifile
    RFH 354176 cvs -- Concurrent Versions System
    RFH 448284 dctrl-tools -- Command-line tools to process Debian package information
    RFA 460036 defoma -- Debian Font Manager -- automatic font configuration framework
    ...

Please format the columns to line-up for easier reading:

      O 540906 avifile     XviD video encoding plugin for libavifile
    RFH 354176 cvs         Concurrent Versions System
    RFH 448284 dctrl-tools Command-line tools to process Debian package information
    RFA 460036 defoma      Debian Font Manager -- automatic font configuration framework
    ...

-- Package-specific info:

--- /etc/devscripts.conf ---

--- ~/.devscripts ---
Not present

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.30-1-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_DK.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_DK.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages devscripts depends on:
ii  dpkg-dev                      1.15.3.1   Debian package development tools
ii  libc6                         2.9-23     GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  perl                          5.10.0-24  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 

Versions of packages devscripts recommends:
ii  at                 3.1.10.2              Delayed job execution and batch pr
ii  bsd-mailx [mailx]  8.1.2-0.20081101cvs-2 A simple mail user agent
ii  bzr                1.17-1                easy to use distributed version co
ii  curl               7.19.5-1              Get a file from an HTTP, HTTPS or 
ii  cvs                1:1.12.13-12          Concurrent Versions System
ii  dctrl-tools        2.13.1                Command-line tools to process Debi
ii  debian-keyring     2009.05.28            GnuPG (and obsolete PGP) keys of D
ii  debian-maintainers 1.64                  GPG keys of Debian maintainers
ii  dillo [www-browser 2.0-1                 Small and fast web browser
ii  dput               0.9.4                 Debian package upload tool
ii  elinks [www-browse 0.12~pre5-1           advanced text-mode WWW browser
ii  epiphany-gecko [ww 2.26.1-1              Intuitive GNOME web browser - Geck
ii  equivs             2.0.7-0.1             Circumvent Debian package dependen
ii  fakeroot           1.12.5                Gives a fake root environment
ii  git-core           1:1.6.3.3-2           fast, scalable, distributed revisi
ii  gnupg              1.4.9-4               GNU privacy guard - a free PGP rep
ii  iceweasel [www-bro 3.0.12-1              lightweight web browser based on M
ii  konqueror [www-bro 4:4.2.4-1             KDE 4's advanced file manager, web
ii  libauthen-sasl-per 2.12-1                Authen::SASL - SASL Authentication
ii  libcrypt-ssleay-pe 0.57-2                Support for https protocol in LWP
ii  libparse-debcontro 2.005-2               Easy OO parsing of Debian control-
ii  libsoap-lite-perl  0.710.08-2            Client and server side SOAP implem
ii  libterm-size-perl  0.2-4+b1              Perl extension for retrieving term
ii  libtimedate-perl   1.1600-9              Time and date functions for Perl
ii  liburi-perl        1.37+dfsg-1           Manipulates and accesses URI strin
ii  libwww-perl        5.829-1               WWW client/server library for Perl
ii  libyaml-syck-perl  1.07-1                fast, lightweight YAML loader and 
ii  links [www-browser 2.2-1+b1              Web browser running in text mode
ii  lintian            2.2.14                Debian package checker
ii  lsb-release        3.2-23                Linux Standard Base version report
ii  lynx-cur [www-brow 2.8.7rel.1-1          Text-mode WWW Browser with NLS sup
ii  mailx              1:20081101-2          Transitional package for mailx ren
ii  man-db             2.5.5-3               on-line manual pager
ii  mercurial          1.3.1-1               scalable distributed version contr
ii  midori [www-browse 0.1.8-1               fast, lightweight graphical web br
ii  openssh-client [ss 1:5.1p1-6             secure shell client, an rlogin/rsh
ii  opera [www-browser 9.64.2480.gcc4.qt3    The Opera Web Browser
ii  patch              2.5.9-5               Apply a diff file to an original
ii  patchutils         0.3.1-2               Utilities to work with patches
ii  strace             4.5.17+cvs080723-2    A system call tracer
ii  subversion         1.6.3dfsg-1           Advanced version control system
ii  unzip              6.0-1                 De-archiver for .zip files
ii  w3m [www-browser]  0.5.2-2.1             WWW browsable pager with excellent
ii  wdiff              0.5-18                Compares two files word by word
ii  wget               1.11.4-4              retrieves files from the web
ii  xemacs21-mule [www 21.4.22-2             highly customizable text editor --

Versions of packages devscripts suggests:
ii  build-essential               11.4       Informational list of build-essent
pn  cvs-buildpackage              <none>     (no description available)
ii  devscripts-el                 30.3-1     Emacs wrappers for the commands in
pn  gnuplot                       <none>     (no description available)
ii  libfile-desktopentry-perl     0.04-2     Perl module to handle freedesktop 
pn  libnet-smtp-ssl-perl          <none>     (no description available)
ii  mutt                          1.5.20-2   text-based mailreader supporting M
ii  svn-buildpackage              0.6.26     helper programs to maintain Debian

-- no debconf information

---

From: "Adam D. Barratt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 22:32:53 +0100

package devscripts
user [email-masked]
usertag 542703 wnpp-alert
retitle 542703 [wnpp-alert] Format output to line-up columns
merge 542703 514307
thanks

>     RFH 354176 cvs -- Concurrent Versions System
[...]
> Please format the columns to line-up for easier reading:

Please check the BTS before filing duplicates... merging with #514307.

Regards,

Adam