Subject: more information about Unexpected character `"'

From: Jay Berkenbilt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:55:14 -0400

The ICU package received this bug report about failing to build because
of doxygen errors.  I looked at the files in question, and couldn't see
anything obvious that should have triggered this error.  I also see from
the doxygen website that 3.6.1 included some fixes to other bugs
relating to this same error message.

At this point, I have yet to determine whether this is actually a
doxygen problem or whether it's a genuine ICU problem that doxygen is
only now picking up on, or whether the doxygen errors are a red herring
and there's something else broken with the ICU build.  What I am certain
about, however, is that ICU builds properly with doxygen 3.5.9 but fails
to build with 3.6.1.

Since doxygen 3.6.1 was on day 8 of 10 before making the jump to squeeze
and the introduction of 3.6.1 causes ICU to FTBFS, I thought I'd better
act quickly in creating this (RC) bug even before being 100% certain
that it is a doxygen problem.  I will spend a little bit of time this
weekend tracking it down further and trying to reproduce it in a small
test case.  When I do, I will update this bug.  If you discover in the
mean time that it is fact a doxygen bug, feel free to take appropriate
action.  The ICU bug corresponding to this one is 544799.  Thanks.

-- 
Jay Berkenbilt <[email-masked]>