Subject: function attributes should apply to function pointers too

From: Richard Kettlewell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 23:29:12 +0000 (GMT)

Package: gcc
Version: 2.7.2.3-7

Function attributes, such as `noreturn' and `format', should be
allowed to be specified for function pointers as well as real
functions.

lyonesse$ cat t.c
extern void (*error)(int, const char *, ...)
    __attribute__((noreturn))
    __attribute__((format(printf, 2, 3)));

lyonesse$ gcc -c t.c
t.c:3: argument format specified for non-function `error'
lyonesse$ gcc --version 
2.7.2.3

lyonesse$ egcc -c t.c
t.c:3: argument format specified for non-function `error'
lyonesse$ egcc --version
egcs-2.91.60

ttfn/rjk