Subject: Re: Bug #554163: Should import gqview preferences when migrating from gqview -> geeqie

From: The Wanderer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:38:12 -0500

Consider this seconded.

I would also prefer if it could pick up the same window-manager settings
as used by gqview (size, location, desktop, et cetera), but that's both
significantly easier to re-set by hand and probably much harder to have
happen automatically.

It was mentioned in passing in bug 553920 that there is a menu entry in
geeqie for migrating GQView "metadata". From the context of that
mention, it seems that this menu entry should perform exactly the
migration being requested by this bug; it just doesn't do it by default
on first run. I can see its being arguable that in fact it should not.

However, I have not yet been able to confirm whether or not this menu
entry actually does that migration. I would not expect it from the name
("metadata" to me refers to things like size tags and "what program
created this file" and "where I was when I took this picture"
information, and is per-file not per-program; I would expect the
~/.gqview/ information to be called "configuration"), and as far as I
can tell, the geeqie Help manual does not even mention this menu item,
much less explain what it does.