Subject: Bug#554163: Bug #554163: Should import gqview preferences when migrating from gqview -> geeqie

From: Michal Čihař <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:01:03 +0100

Hi

Dne Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:51:32 -0500
The Wanderer <[email-masked]> napsal(a):

> That doesn't make any sense. AFAIK GQView never tagged files with
> anything, and even if it did, a program which can understand such data
> should read it automatically from the image file instead of needing to
> explicitly "import" it; it might make sense to need to re-write the
> metadata in a new format, but that isn't what "import" would mean.

GQView did have support for keywords and comments and it stored them
separately.

> I therefore now have no idea what this menu entry does, and am still
> looking for a way to migrate configuration (as would be necessary for
> geeqie to be considered a proper single-line-of-descent replacement for
> gqview).

You're right this should be handled.

> (...also, completely off the topic, why does the Debian BTS mail
> notification not set the reply-related headers sensibly? It's almost
> never going to be appropriate to reply just to the person who wrote the
> comment, rather than to the bug, and if you're replying to the bug then
> the person who wrote the comment is almost certainly going to be getting
> a copy anyway.)

I guess the problem is that you don't get the mail from bts but from me
directly because it is how it set's reply headers for me.

-- 
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com