Subject: tex4ht: oolatex should fails when it encounters errors

From: Luca Capello <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 21:23:36 +0100

Package: tex4ht
Version: 20090611-1+b1
Severity: normal

Hi there!

I found that in two occasions oolatex exits with error code 0 even if
the OpenDocument Format file produced is not correct, because previous
errors occurred:

  http://bugs.debian.org/554995 (JRE not installed)
  http://bugs.debian.org/554998 (problems with math mode)

IMHO this behavior is a bug, since there is no way to know if the
resulting ODF is OK without opening it.  Instead, oolatex should stop as
soon as it encounters the first error.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.31-1-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages tex4ht depends on:
ii  libc6                      2.10.1-5      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libkpathsea4               2007.dfsg.2-8 TeX Live: path search library for 
ii  tex4ht-common              20090611-1    LaTeX and TeX for Hypertext (HTML)
ii  texlive-base-bin           2007.dfsg.2-8 TeX Live: Essential binaries

tex4ht recommends no packages.

tex4ht suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information