Subject: regression: no longer updates ipod playlists

From: Chris Carr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:44:42 +0000

Package: rhythmbox
Version: 0.12.5-1+b1
Severity: normal

When I plug my ipod classic into my Lenny PC everything is fine: I can edit playlists in rhythmbox and when I eject the playlists are updated on the ipod.

When I try to use this PC, running Squeeze, everything *looks* fine, but when I eject the ipod the playlist is the same as it was before: the additions and deletions to the playlist are not performed.

Happy to provide further info, run tests etc.

CC

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.30-1-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages rhythmbox depends on:
ii  dbus                   1.2.16-2          simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  gconf2                 2.26.2-3          GNOME configuration database syste
ii  gnome-icon-theme       2.26.0-1          GNOME Desktop icon theme
ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa [gs 0.10.24-2         GStreamer plugin for ALSA
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins- 0.10.13-1         GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins- 0.10.24-2         GStreamer plugins from the "base" 
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins- 0.10.16-1         GStreamer plugins from the "good" 
ii  gstreamer0.10-x        0.10.24-2         GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pang
ii  libatk1.0-0            1.26.0-1          The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libavahi-client3       0.6.25-1          Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-common3       0.6.25-1          Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-glib1         0.6.25-1          Avahi glib integration library
ii  libbonobo2-0           2.24.1-1          Bonobo CORBA interfaces library
ii  libbrasero-media0      2.26.3-1          CD/DVD burning library for GNOME -
ii  libc6                  2.9-25            GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libcairo2              1.8.8-2           The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libdbus-1-3            1.2.16-2          simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2       0.82-1            simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libfontconfig1         2.6.0-4           generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6           2.3.9-5           FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgcc1                1:4.4.1-4         GCC support library
ii  libgconf2-4            2.26.2-3          GNOME configuration database syste
ii  libglade2-0            1:2.6.4-1         library to load .glade files at ru
ii  libglib2.0-0           2.22.0-1          The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgnome-keyring0      2.26.1-1          GNOME keyring services library
ii  libgnome-media0        2.26.0-2          runtime libraries for the GNOME me
ii  libgnome2-0            2.26.0-1          The GNOME library - runtime files
ii  libgpod4               0.7.2-1.1         library to read and write songs an
ii  libgstreamer-plugins-b 0.10.24-2         GStreamer libraries from the "base
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0     0.10.24-1         Core GStreamer libraries and eleme
ii  libgtk2.0-0            2.16.6-1          The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libhal1                0.5.13-3          Hardware Abstraction Layer - share
ii  libice6                2:1.0.5-1         X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  liblircclient0         0.8.3-5           infra-red remote control support -
ii  libmtp8                0.3.7-7           Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) libr
ii  libmusicbrainz4c2a     2.1.5-2           Second generation incarnation of t
ii  libnotify1 [libnotify1 0.4.5-1           sends desktop notifications to a n
ii  liborbit2              1:2.14.17-0.1     libraries for ORBit2 - a CORBA ORB
ii  libpango1.0-0          1.24.5-1          Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpopt0               1.14-4            lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libsm6                 2:1.1.1-1         X11 Session Management library
ii  libsoup-gnome2.4-1     2.28.0-1          an HTTP library implementation in 
ii  libsoup2.4-1           2.28.0-1          an HTTP library implementation in 
ii  libstdc++6             4.4.1-4           The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libtotem-plparser12    2.26.2-2          Totem Playlist Parser library - ru
ii  libusb-0.1-4           2:0.1.12-13       userspace USB programming library
ii  libxml2                2.7.4.dfsg-2      GNOME XML library
ii  python                 2.5.4-2           An interactive high-level object-o
ii  python-gnome2          2.26.1-1          Python bindings for the GNOME desk
ii  python-gst0.10         0.10.16-1         generic media-playing framework (P
ii  python-gtk2            2.16.0-1          Python bindings for the GTK+ widge
ii  python-support         1.0.3             automated rebuilding support for P
ii  python2.5              2.5.4-1           An interactive high-level object-o
ii  zlib1g                 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-15 compression library - runtime

Versions of packages rhythmbox recommends:
ii  avahi-daemon                0.6.25-1     Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly  0.10.12-1+b1 GStreamer plugins from the "ugly" 
ii  gvfs-backends               1.2.3-3      userspace virtual filesystem - bac
ii  hal                         0.5.13-3     Hardware Abstraction Layer
ii  notification-daemon         0.4.0-1      a daemon that displays passive pop
ii  yelp                        2.26.0-3     Help browser for GNOME

Versions of packages rhythmbox suggests:
pn  gnome-codec-install           <none>     (no description available)
ii  gnome-control-center          1:2.26.0-1 utilities to configure the GNOME d
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad     0.10.13-1  GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
pn  python-coherence              <none>     (no description available)

-- no debconf information

---

From: althaser <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:51:23 +0000

Hey Chris,

Could you please still reproduce this issue with newer rhythmbox version
like 2.97-2.1 or 3.0.1-1+b1 ?

thanks
regards
althaser