Subject: Bug#562111: pkill: Add a verbose-output option

From: "Jason A. Spiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:15:50 -0500

Package: procps
Severity: wishlist
X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked];[email-masked]
Forwarded: [email-masked]

Albert, thanks for maintaining procps.  It would be great if you could
please add an option which would work like killall's -v, telling users
output like "Killed nc(1327) with signal 15\nKilled nc(1335) with
signal 15".

If you make such an option, please don't call it -V:  that would
encourage people to accidentally use -v when they didn't want to.
AzaToth suggests that the letter -D (for "Debug") would work well.

Cheers,
-Jason

-- 
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.
+1 (416) 992-3445 / www.jspiro.com

---

From: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 07:30:02 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the procps package:

#562111: [pkill] Add a verbose-output option

It has been closed by Craig Small <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Craig Small <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
562111: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=562111
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: pkill: Add a verbose-output option
From: Craig Small <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 17:26:16 +1000

Package: procps
Version: 1:3.3.2-1

Upstream procps 3.3.2 added the pkill -e option which will echo the
matching processes that are killed. That was done in 2012 but missed
closing this bug since then.

Subject: pkill: Add a verbose-output option
From: "Jason A. Spiro" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:15:50 -0500

Package: procps
Severity: wishlist

Cheers,
-Jason