Subject: pkill: Add a verbose-output option

From: "Jason A. Spiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:15:50 -0500

Package: procps
Severity: wishlist
X-Debbugs-CC: [email-masked];[email-masked]
Forwarded: [email-masked]

Albert, thanks for maintaining procps.  It would be great if you could
please add an option which would work like killall's -v, telling users
output like "Killed nc(1327) with signal 15\nKilled nc(1335) with
signal 15".

If you make such an option, please don't call it -V:  that would
encourage people to accidentally use -v when they didn't want to.
AzaToth suggests that the letter -D (for "Debug") would work well.

Cheers,
-Jason

-- 
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.
+1 (416) 992-3445 / www.jspiro.com