Subject: libsasl2-modules-sql: Please add a sql_defaultrealm option.

From: Christian Schulte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 05:48:16 +0100

Package: libsasl2-modules-sql
Version: 2.1.23.dfsg1-5
Severity: wishlist
Tags: patch

When using the %r variable in an sql_select statement, the value
substituted for that variable is the machine's FQDN for all users
not specifying a realm during login. The attached patch adds an
sql_defaultrealm option taking a realm to use for any unqualified
user ids.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0.3
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (990, 'stable'), (500, 'oldstable'), (50, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.33-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages libsasl2-modules-sql depends on:
ii  libc6                  2.7-18            GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libmysqlclient15off    5.0.51a-24+lenny2 MySQL database client library
ii  libpq5                 8.3.9-0lenny1     PostgreSQL C client library
ii  libsasl2-modules       2.1.23.dfsg1-5    Cyrus SASL - pluggable authenticat
ii  libsqlite0             2.8.17-4          SQLite shared library

libsasl2-modules-sql recommends no packages.

libsasl2-modules-sql suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

---

From: Bastian Germann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 00:47:41 +0200

Control: tags -1 moreinfo

This patch still applies on 2.1.18 with fuzz.
It does not appear in upstream's issues or pull requests.

Somebody will need to document it properly and propose it to
upstream again if there is still interest to get this into Debian.
However, I will only take such a new feature via upstream.