Subject: amavisd-new: Implicit dependency on Spamassassin

From: Mats Erik Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:29:03 +0100

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.6.1.dfsg-1
Severity: normal
thanks

On a recent new system I installed only amavisd-new and clamav in a
first step, _not_ including spamassassin. The result was that amavisd
refused to start due to execution errors. Once I installed also
Spamassassin, then amavisd would start as expected without any
changes applied to configurations.

Judging from the most recent control file, the implicit dependeny
on Spamassassin should still be present.

-- 
Mats Erik Andersson,

---

From: Alexander Wirt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:39:00 +0100

> on Spamassassin should still be present.
This should be fixed in newer versions (amavis shouldn't bail out if
spamassassin isn't installed). I will test this later. 

Thanks for reporting
Alex