Subject: amavisd-new cron job also depends on spamassassin

From: Jamie McClelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:47:05 -0400

Not sure if this should be a separate ticket or not...

The amavisd-new cron.d entry calls:

/usr/sbin/amavisd-new-cronjob sa-sync 

This script calls /usr/bin/sa-learn. It doesn't appear to check if
sa-learn is installed or not.

And, if spamassassin is installed, but is configured with bayes turned
off, the script returns:

----
ERROR: configuration specifies 'use_bayes 0', sa-learn disabled
----

This happens even if sa is not enabled in amavis.

Ideally, the cron job could check to ensure that both sa is installed
and amavis is configured to do spam checking (and, if possible, if bayes
is turned on).

Or - maybe the installation of the cron job should be dependent on a
dpkg configuration question?

jamie