Subject: Bug#575931: opalmod: package name does not adhere to naming policy for Perl modules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:51:23 +0900

Package: opalmod
Version: 0.2.0
Severity: wishlist
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: perl-naming-policy

The Debian Perl Policy asks for packages for the Foo::Bar module to be
named libfoo-bar-perl [1].  The current package name

  opalmod

does not adhere to this policy.  Please consider renaming the package
to make it easier for users to find it and to use a consistent naming
policy in Debian.

See also the discussion on debian-devel [2] for suggested package
names.

Regards,
Ansgar

[1] <http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packages.html#s-package_names>
[2] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/03/msg00701.html>

---

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 16:03:23 +0000

Thank you for filing a new Bug report with Debian.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has been forwarded to the package maintainers (but not
other interested parties, as you requested) for their attention; they
will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
 Ola Lundqvist <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
575931: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=575931
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: Ola Lundqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:49:10 +0200

Hi

Yes you are right. I'll consider that.

Best regards,

// Ola

-- 
 --------------------- Ola Lundqvist ---------------------------
/  [email-masked]                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  [email-masked]                      654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  http://inguza.com/                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36  4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9 /
 ---------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 20:18:07 +0000

Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding
this Bug report.