Subject: chromium-browser: check DISPLAY envvar

From: Salvo Tomaselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:40:20 +0200

Package: chromium-browser
Version: 5.0.375.86~r49890-3
Severity: normal

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=47716

Chrome Version: Chromium	5.0.375.86 (Developer Build 49890) Built on Debian unstable, running on Debian squeeze/sid

Is this the most recent version: it's the one available on debian unstable
OS + version: debian unstable
CPU architecture 64-bit:
Window manager: kwin

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. open chromium
2. login with ssh -X from another machine
3. open chromium from the other machine as well

I want a chromium window being forwarded over ssh, but what i get is a new tab in the already running one.
It should be aware of the different value of DISPLAY and behave accordingly.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (990, 'unstable'), (500, 'experimental'), (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.34-megara (SMP w/2 CPU cores; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=it_IT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages chromium-browser depends on:
ii  chromium-browser-ins 5.0.375.86~r49890-3 page inspector for the chromium-br
ii  libasound2           1.0.23-1            shared library for ALSA applicatio
ii  libatk1.0-0          1.30.0-1            The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libbz2-1.0           1.0.5-4             high-quality block-sorting file co
ii  libc6                2.11.2-2            Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii  libcairo2            1.8.10-4            The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libdbus-1-3          1.2.24-1            simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2     0.86-1              simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libevent-1.4-2       1.4.13-stable-1     An asynchronous event notification
ii  libexpat1            2.0.1-7             XML parsing C library - runtime li
ii  libfontconfig1       2.8.0-2.1           generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6         2.3.11-1            FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgcc1              1:4.4.4-6           GCC support library
ii  libgconf2-4          2.28.1-3            GNOME configuration database syste
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx [lib 7.7.1-3             A free implementation of the OpenG
ii  libglewmx1.5         1.5.4-1             The OpenGL Extension Wrangler - ru
ii  libglib2.0-0         2.24.1-1            The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgtk2.0-0          2.20.1-1            The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libicu42             4.2.1-3             International Components for Unico
ii  libjpeg62            6b-16.1             The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG 
ii  libnspr4-0d          4.8.4-1             NetScape Portable Runtime Library
ii  libnss3-1d           3.12.6-2            Network Security Service libraries
ii  libpango1.0-0        1.28.1-1            Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpng12-0           1.2.44-1            PNG library - runtime
ii  libprotobuf6         2.3.0-2             protocol buffers C++ library
ii  libstdc++6           4.4.4-6             The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libv8-2.2.18         2.2.18-1            V8 JavaScript Engine
ii  libvpx0              0.9.1-1             VP8 video codec (shared library)
ii  libx11-6             2:1.3.3-3           X11 client-side library
ii  libxext6             2:1.1.1-3           X11 miscellaneous extension librar
ii  libxml2              2.7.7.dfsg-3        GNOME XML library
ii  libxrender1          1:0.9.5-2           X Rendering Extension client libra
ii  libxslt1.1           1.1.26-3            XSLT processing library - runtime 
ii  libxss1              1:1.2.0-2           X11 Screen Saver extension library
ii  xdg-utils            1.0.2+cvs20100307-1 desktop integration utilities from
ii  zlib1g               1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3    compression library - runtime

chromium-browser recommends no packages.

Versions of packages chromium-browser suggests:
pn  chromium-browser-l10n         <none>     (no description available)

-- no debconf information

---

From: Giuseppe Iuculano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 15:52:51 +0200

fixed 580910 6.0.472.36~r55963-1
thanks

> It should be aware of the different value of DISPLAY and behave accordingly.

This is fixed in experimental

Cheers,
Giuseppe.