Subject: mupdf: please support more keyboard shortcut keys

From: Marius Mikucionis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:37:20 +0200

Package: mupdf
Version: 0.6-1
Severity: wishlist
Tags: upstream

thanks for the fast viewer!

Could you please add support for the following keys?
Home -- go to the first page (or go to the top of the page)
End -- go to the last page (or go to the bottom of the page)
Control+Home -- go to the first page
Control+End -- go to the last page

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (50, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.35.2-d630 (SMP w/2 CPU cores; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=lt_LT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=lt_LT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages mupdf depends on:
ii  libc6                   2.11.2-2         Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii  libfreetype6            2.4.2-1          FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libjbig2dec0            0.11-1           JBIG2 decoder library - shared lib
ii  libjpeg62               6b1-1            The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG 
ii  libopenjpeg2            1.3+dfsg-4       JPEG 2000 image compression/decomp
ii  libx11-6                2:1.3.3-3        X11 client-side library
ii  libxext6                2:1.1.2-1        X11 miscellaneous extension librar
ii  zlib1g                  1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3 compression library - runtime

mupdf recommends no packages.

mupdf suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

---

From: Kan-Ru Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 00:40:04 +0800

> Control+End -- go to the last page

With the new upstream release 0.7 the navigation keys changed a lot, to
more vi like bindings.

For example `1g' to go to first page and `G' to the last page, `hjkl'
for page movement.

I can propose the binding you suggested to the upstream, but I think the
new binding has already fulfilled your needs.

Thoughts?

- Kanru

---

From: Marius Mikucionis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:59:41 +0200

2010/8/29 Kan-Ru Chen <[email-masked]>

> For example `1g' to go to first page and `G' to the last page, `hjkl'

Well, I prefer emacs over vi, and still use the keys above, so I would
appreciate an extra alias.
BTW, what does vi do about Home and End keys? it looks-and-feels strange on
my terminal if not erroneous.

> new binding has already fulfilled your needs.

The functionality is there, true, but the extra key binding would not harm,
would it?

Marius