Subject: muttprint: ignores the signature whatever the configuration

From: David Soulayrol <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 18:29:31 +0200

Package: muttprint
Version: 0.73-2
Severity: normal

Here is an excerpt from my muttprint configuration:

REM_QUOTE="off"
REM_SIG="off"
SIG_REGEXP="^-- $"
VERBATIMNORMAL="numbers=left,stepnumber=5"
VERBATIMSIG="fontshape=it,frame=topline"

muttprint is called by mutt with no arguments. Whatever the SIG_REGEXP
configuration, muttprint ignores the signatures of the mails it parses. I know
about the space in the delimiter, and I've tested this with more than one
message.

This problem is not quite the same as #280083, however the version sent by
Bernhard Walle in this report fixes it.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (900, 'testing'), (300, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages muttprint depends on:
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.33     Debian configuration management sy
ii  libtext-iconv-perl            1.7-2      converts between character sets in
ii  perl                          5.10.1-14  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  texlive-fonts-recommended     2009-10    TeX Live: Recommended fonts
ii  texlive-latex-extra           2009-9     TeX Live: LaTeX supplementary pack
ii  texlive-latex-recommended     2009-10    TeX Live: LaTeX recommended packag

Versions of packages muttprint recommends:
ii  emacs-snapshot [mail-re 1:20100801-1     The GNU Emacs editor (development 
ii  libtimedate-perl        1.2000-1         collection of modules to manipulat
ii  mailutils [mail-reader] 1:2.1+dfsg1-6+b1 GNU mailutils utilities for handli
ii  mutt [mail-reader]      1.5.20-9         text-based mailreader supporting M

Versions of packages muttprint suggests:
ii  compface                  1:1.5.2-5      Compress/decompress images for mai
ii  dialog                    1.1-20100428-1 Displays user-friendly dialog boxe
ii  emacs-snapshot [news-read 1:20100801-1   The GNU Emacs editor (development 
ii  imagemagick               8:6.6.0.4-2.1  image manipulation programs
ii  muttprint-manual          0.73-2         Manual for muttprint
ii  ospics                    0.73-2         Some images of operating system lo
ii  psutils                   1.17-27        A collection of PostScript documen

-- debconf information excluded