Subject: Re: Bug#768919: lxc: handle cgroups in your init

From: Daniel Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:46:41 +0100

retitle 768919 Please mount cgroup automatically
reassign 768919 initscripts
forcemerge 768919 601757
thanks

On 11/10/2014 08:24 AM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> Please handle cgroup mounts in lxc's init script.

no, this is fundamentally wrong. it's the init systems job to mount
(pseudo) filesystems at boot.

again, the right thing to do is to:

  * either use a non-legacy initsystem (like systemd) that mounts
    cgroupfs automatically

  * or get a trivial patch applied in in your favourite legacy
    initsystem.

it's a *one* line fix in initscripts, i've send that patch 4 years ago.
adding a huge initscript to lxc is *not* the right thing to do.

-- 
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          [email-masked]
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/