Subject: Please apply the patch to mount cgroup automatically

From: Marcus Osdoba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:43:27 +0100

Ping, too.

/sys/fs/cgroup is indeed the prefered location. Please mount it 
automatically when available.

Regards,
an lxc user

---

From: Marcus Osdoba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:58:19 +0100

Hi,
If I got that right, it's ok for the maintainer of ulatencyd, if the 
subsystems were mounted into it's own subdirectories?

If so, I like to propose an intitv script which does it.

When reading the introduction to cgroup in the kernel documentation, it 
is best pratice to mount tmpfs under /sys/fs/cgroup and create a 
subdirectory for every subsystem.

Please see attachement for the script. CGROUPSUBSYSTEMS must be set to 
yes in /etc/default/tmpfs. So cgroup subsystems are not mounted by 
default, which does not break existent configurations done via 
/etc/fstab and one can switch it on/off easily.
The script was tested on Squeeze with 2.6.39-bpo60-2. Activated with 
"update-rc.d mountcgroupsubsys.sh defaults".

Problem: It is very cgroup specific and is possibily misplaced in 
initscripts?

Regards,
Marcus