Subject: Bug#602887: alsa-utils: only stores levels for current system instead of supporting booting on multiple systems

From: Paul Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:44:41 +0800

Package: alsa-utils
Version: 1.0.23-3
Severity: wishlist

One of my Debian installs is booted on different machines, I frequently
move the disk between my laptop and desktop. One of the issues I
encountered is that the audio levels are reset when I move between
machines. Specifically the Master Front level is set to zero. I also get
warnings about cards about being present during bootup.

The ideal situation would be:

Store the mixer settings in a per-system or per-audio-device file.

Have a cron job delete mixer settings for cards that haven't been used
in 6 months or so.

This would help roaming folks who boot Debian from a USB key on various
machines, including Internet cafes.

Ideally pulseaudio would take over this job (since it is per-user) but
alsa-utils needs to also do it for those who don't use pulseaudio.

-- 
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

---

From: Elimar Riesebieter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 19:15:24 +0100

Hello Paul or should I say Paps?

first: your gpg key has been expired ;-)

> The ideal situation would be:

Well, just an idea:

I am using netenv in such cases. You can define a per hostname
dependend /var/lib/alsa. This is the place where the soundcontrols
are stored. As well you can define a asoundrc (etc or $home) per
hostname for the diffrent sound devices and you're done.

> Have a cron job delete mixer settings for cards that haven't been used

Isn't that to complicated?

> machines, including Internet cafes.

Nice idea, but you know unixes are providing many solutions and are
always a challenge. If one uses a stick or hd for more than one
machine we can expect that user can handle those comfortable ideas
with provided tools by himself, isn't it?

> alsa-utils needs to also do it for those who don't use pulseaudio.

Elimar

-- 
  Do you smell something burning or ist it me?

---

From: Paul Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:35:57 +0800

> hostname for the diffrent sound devices and you're done.

Per-hostname is insufficient since it is the same Debian install on one
hard drive, but I am booting it on different hardware.

> Isn't that to complicated?

It would meet my needs and the needs of other roaming Debian users. I
think it would be exactly enough flexibility to support all users.

> with provided tools by himself, isn't it?

It would be almost trivial to support this within alsa-utils and there
are zero to minimal downsides for non-roaming users so I don't see why
it couldn't be implemented within alsa-utils (apart from lack of time).

-- 
bye,
pabs

---

From: PT FINDORA INTERNUSA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:23:55 -0700

Hello,

Good morning,

We have gone through your samples from a partner and Here is our  Order 
List. Please do bear in mind that we are very much in  need of this 
order, quote your competitive prices.

Kindly send the Order confirmation.

Your early reply will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Maryanah Erwin.

PT FINDORA INTERNUSA

Jln Pahlawan 66 Kec. Arjawinangun

45162 CIREBON West-Java INDONESIA

tel : +62 231 357334

fax: +62 231 357260

email: [email-masked]