Subject: Bug#605233: can't enter historic loan repayments

From: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:29:03 +0100

package: kmymoney
version: 3.98.1-2

I have tried installing kmymoney on a freshly installed squeeze amd64 system

For testing, I set up a bank account, an asset and a loan account

I created the loan account with a start date 2010-06-01

When I click to enter the first payment, I get the `Enter schedule' window

The date of the first payment is 2010-06-30 and today is 2010-11-28

The postdate is red and it has a mouseover that says `Cannot enter 
transaction with postdate prior to account's opening date'.  The enter 
button is gray and I can't enter the payment.

I unzipped the XML file and checked the account opening date:

  <ACCOUNT currency="CHF" description="" parentaccount="AStd::Liability" 
opened="2010-06-01" number="666" lastmodified="2010-11-28" type="5" 
id="A000159" lastreconciled="" institution="I000001" name="loan3">

---

From: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 12:42:04 +0100

After exploring the XML file, I found that the current account opening 
date was today, 2010-11-28

I also noticed that many of the other accounts and categories have the 
`opened' attribute set to the file creation date by default

Changing the current account opening date to 2010-01-01 allowed me to 
enter the scheduled loan payments

---

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:00:04 +0000

Your message dated Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:57:29 +1100
with message-id <[email-masked]>
has caused the   report #605233,
regarding can't enter historic loan repayments
to be marked as having been forwarded to the upstream software
author(s) [email-masked]

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact [email-masked]
immediately.)

-- 
605233: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=605233
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Fwd: Bug#605233: can't enter historic loan repayments
From: Mark Purcell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:57:29 +1100

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: Bug#605233: can't enter historic loan repayments
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010, 22:29:03
From: Daniel Pocock <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

package: kmymoney
version: 3.98.1-2

-----------------------------------------