Subject: sudo service alsa-utils restart?

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 11:43:06 +0200

I believe that channel levels restored by:

  $ sudo service alsa-utils restart

Another thing that you should have in mind that script:

  /usr/share/alsa/init/default 

may override what stored in:

  /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

But that is another story.

Internally /etc/init.d/alsa-utils uses:

  alsactl -F restore

Man page say:

       restore loads driver state for the selected soundcard from the
       configuration file. If restoring fails (eventually partly), the init
       action is called.

If you does not satisfied by content of:

  /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

you may use tip from:

  http://askubuntu.com/questions/50067/howto-save-alsamixer-settings

which recommend to change settings in alsamixer and without living alsamixer
run:

  $ sudo alsactl store

in another terminal.

Do you like this ideas?

-- 
http://defun.work/