Subject: Bug#628285: RFP: xul-ext-pencil -- GUI prototyping and diagram tool

From: Paul van Tilburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 23:19:43 +0100

Hey,

Good catch!  I separately had started packaging it (the ITP somehow was
too far down on Google and I overlooked it) and hadn't noticed these
issues.  The packaging was so simple using mozilla-devscripts, not 
much time was wasted.

Concern your last comment, I have found that lots of upstream cannot be
bothered to document all the files they copy from other sources.
There is not a problem with that by definition, as long as it it
compatible with the GPL-2 license of the rest of the source, documented
in debian/copyright.

However, if I look at base64.js and the linked website, I see that the
license is CC-BY 2.0 UK.  This is not compatible with the GPL-2!

For io.js, the license is MPL... I guess that should be fine.

Lastly, nsDragAndDrop.js is part of Firefox it seems, should also
be fine.

Given that the author(s) state on the project web page that they are so
committed to keeping it completely GPL-2, it is weird that they are not
willing to respond to your concerns.  If you think that it would help if
someone else also asks about this, let me know, I will try.

Paul

-- 
Using the Power of Debian GNU/Linux | email: [email-masked]
jabber/gtalk: [email-masked]        | GnuPG key ID: 0x50064181

---

From: Fabrizio Regalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:05:43 +0100

Hey Paul,

> issues.  The packaging was so simple using mozilla-devscripts, not 

Not sure if you have already checked the package on git.
:-) http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-mozext/pencil.git;a=summary
Everything is fine except for the copyright issues I've reported before.

> someone else also asks about this, let me know, I will try.

Feel free to do it.
I Cc'ed the pkg-mozext team also, so we can be all up-to-date on future
developments about copyright

Thank you for your interest in pencil!

Cheers,
Fabrizio.