Subject: Bug#629247: lintian: Lacks a decent shell script parser

From: Niels Thykier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 22:19:23 +0200

Package: lintian
Version: 2.5.0
Severity: wishlist

Hey,

Tracker bug for stuff like #398658.

~Niels

- -- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.38-2-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_DK.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_DK.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages lintian depends on:
ii  binutils              2.21.51.20110523-1 The GNU assembler, linker and bina
ii  diffstat              1.54-1             produces graph of changes introduc
ii  dpkg-dev              1.16.0.3           Debian package development tools
ii  file                  5.04-5+b1          Determines file type using "magic"
ii  gettext               0.18.1.1-3         GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  intltool-debian       0.35.0+20060710.1  Help i18n of RFC822 compliant conf
ii  libapt-pkg-perl       0.1.24+b2          Perl interface to libapt-pkg
ii  libclass-accessor-per 0.34-1             Perl module that automatically gen
ii  libemail-valid-perl   0.184-1            Perl module for checking the valid
ii  libipc-run-perl       0.89-1             Perl module for running processes
ii  libparse-debianchange 1.2.0-1            parse Debian changelogs and output
ii  libtimedate-perl      1.2000-1           collection of modules to manipulat
ii  liburi-perl           1.58-1             module to manipulate and access UR
ii  locales               2.13-4             Embedded GNU C Library: National L
ii  man-db                2.6.0.2-1          on-line manual pager
ii  perl [libdigest-sha-p 5.12.3-7           Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  unzip                 6.0-4              De-archiver for .zip files

lintian recommends no packages.

Versions of packages lintian suggests:
pn  binutils-multiarch            <none>     (no description available)
ii  libhtml-parser-perl           3.68-1+b1  collection of modules that parse H
ii  libtext-template-perl         1.45-2     Text::Template perl module
ii  man-db                        2.6.0.2-1  on-line manual pager

- -- no debconf information