Subject: Bug#631180: wrong gid and permissions on /usr/bin/curlftpfs

From: Vincent Bernat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 17:01:59 +0200

OoO  En cette matinée  ensoleillée du  mardi 21  juin 2011,  vers 09:44,
Christoph Scheurer <[email-masked]> disait :

> I believe the settings for gid and permissions of /usr/bin/curlftpfs should be
> the same as those for fusermount to make curlftpfs work as expected with the
> Debian mechanism for the fuse group:

> $ ls -l /usr/bin/fusermount
> -rwsr-xr-- 1 root fuse 24292 18. Sep 2010  /usr/bin/fusermount

There seems to be no need to  set curlftpfs to be setuid to make it work
as  a plain  user. You  only need  to have  the rights  set  properly on
/dev/fuse:

crw-rw---- 1 root fuse 10, 229  1 juil. 23:41 /dev/fuse

> See also: /usr/share/doc/fuse-utils/README.Debian

Does not exist anymore.

Maybe that  would have  been useful with  Squeeze but we  cannot correct
this kind of bugs in Squeeze. The fix is not necessary for Wheezy.
-- 
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

Identify bad input; recover if possible.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plauger)