Subject: workrave: Changing sound options has no effect

From: Ari Pollak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:39:28 -0400

Package: workrave
Version: 1.9.4-1
Severity: normal

If I try to change any of the settings under Sound Options, then close
the Preferences window, none of the settings have taken effect, and
going back into Preferences shows that the settings have been reverted.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (600, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.39-2-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages workrave depends on:
ii  libart-2.0-2            2.3.21-1         Library of functions for 2D graphi
ii  libatk1.0-0             2.0.0-1          The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libbonobo2-0            2.24.3-1         Bonobo CORBA interfaces library
ii  libbonoboui2-0          2.24.3-1         The Bonobo UI library
ii  libc6                   2.13-7           Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii  libcairo2               1.10.2-6         The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libcairomm-1.0-1        1.10.0-1         C++ wrappers for Cairo (shared lib
ii  libdbus-1-3             1.4.12-2         simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2        0.94-2           simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libfontconfig1          2.8.0-2.2        generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6            2.4.4-1          FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgcc1                 1:4.6.0-10       GCC support library
ii  libgconf2-4             2.32.4-1         GNOME configuration database syste
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0      2.23.3-3         GDK Pixbuf library
ii  libgdome2-0             0.8.1+debian-4.1 DOM level2 library for accessing X
ii  libglib2.0-0            2.28.6-1         The GLib library of C routines
ii  libglibmm-2.4-1c2a      2.28.1-1         C++ wrapper for the GLib toolkit (
ii  libgnome2-0             2.32.1-1         The GNOME library - runtime files
ii  libgnomecanvas2-0       2.30.1-1         A powerful object-oriented display
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0      0.10.34-1        Core GStreamer libraries and eleme
ii  libgtk2.0-0             2.24.4-3         The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a       1:2.24.0-1       C++ wrappers for GTK+ (shared libr
ii  libice6                 2:1.0.7-2        X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  liborbit2               1:2.14.18-0.2    libraries for ORBit2 - a CORBA ORB
ii  libpanel-applet2-0      2.30.2-4         library for GNOME Panel applets
ii  libpango1.0-0           1.28.3-6         Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpangomm-1.4-1        2.28.2-1         C++ Wrapper for pango (shared libr
ii  libpng12-0              1.2.44-2         PNG library - runtime
ii  libpopt0                1.16-1           lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0 0.9.21-4         PulseAudio client libraries (glib 
ii  libpulse0               0.9.21-4         PulseAudio client libraries
ii  libsigc++-2.0-0c2a      2.2.9-1          type-safe Signal Framework for C++
ii  libsm6                  2:1.2.0-2        X11 Session Management library
ii  libstdc++6              4.6.0-10         The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libx11-6                2:1.4.3-2        X11 client-side library
ii  libxml2                 2.7.8.dfsg-3     GNOME XML library
ii  libxtst6                2:1.2.0-1        X11 Testing -- Record extension li
ii  workrave-data           1.9.4-1          Repetitive Strain Injury preventio

workrave recommends no packages.

workrave suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information

---

From: Francois Marier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 20:32:50 +1200

Hi Ari,

> going back into Preferences shows that the settings have been reverted.

That's strange, it works just fine for me.

What desktop environment are you using workrave in?

Have you checked the permissions of your ~/.workrave/ directory?

What about deleting your ~/.workrave/ and trying again?

Cheers,
Francois

---

From: Ari Pollak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 11:15:10 -0400

It actually started to work fine after I purged & reinstalled workrave, 
which is weird. My .workrave directory is mode 700.