Subject: not fixed

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 07:16:16 +0800

reopen 636437
found 636437 1.0.24.2-2
thanks
Upgrading and then rebooting does not eliminate the warnings.

---

From: Elimar Riesebieter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 02:14:33 +0200

tags 636437 + unreproducible
thanks

> Upgrading and then rebooting does not eliminate the warnings.

Hmm, do you find the warning in a log file? What ist exactly the
wording of the warning? I can't reproduce it?

Please post the output of

$ head -20 /etc/init.d/alsa-utils

Elimar

-- 
  Numeric stability is probably not all that 
  important when you're guessing;-)

---

From: Elimar Riesebieter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 02:33:53 +0200

tags 636437 pending
thanks

@Jordi: Please upload again. Thanks

* [email-masked] [110908 10:10 +0800]:

[...]
> # sysv-rc-conf --list |grep alsa
> alsa-utils   0:off      6:off   S:on
> 
> I even reinstalled the kernel and rebooted.

Why? This is not needed.

> Be sure to test(1) the things you are assume are mounted... they may be
> mounted now, but not when you called them.

Is it really a case of mismounting? /etc/init.d/alsa-utils is waiting
for $local_fs which, according to /etc/insserv.conf, provides
mountall. On the other hand mountall is provided by
rcS.d/S13mountall.sh. alsa-utils started as rcS.d/S26alsa-utils. As
you can recognize S26 is a bit later as S13. So all should be run
satisfyingly now.

Well the problem was that alsa-utils/alsactl installs
/lib/udev/rules.d/90-alsa-restore.rules which is not driven by the
debian/rules but a default install from alsa's source package. See
alsa-utils/alsactl/Makkefile.in. So we removed that file from
package and delete an probably existing one by postrm.

Sorry Jidanni for my incompetence. It will never happens in future
again.

But could you please explain how /usr/bin/test, as suggested by
test(1) from you, can prevent one from such a mistake? Any help would
extend my experience ;-)

One thing Jirdanni; could you please a bit more friendly in the
future. This will push the motivation of maintainers much more
emphaticly ;-)

Elimar

-- 
  It's a good thing we don't get all 
  the government we pay for.