Subject: interim workaround for users

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:01:17 +0800

What is the recommended workaround: what file should we users alter to
turn off the boot warnings while we are waiting for this to get fixed?
Will altering that file cause interactive questions from dpkg next
upgrade? Thanks!

---

From: Elimar Riesebieter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:24:20 +0200

tags 636437 pending
thanks

* [email-masked] [110831 19:01 +0800]:

> What is the recommended workaround:

* Close your eyes the first ten seconds booting ;-)
* Install alsactl in /sbin and adjust rules, init, dirs and
  udev.script before rebuilding the package. (See svn r2534)

Elimar

-- 
  >what IMHO then?
  IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate ;)
              --posting from alex in debian-user--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:31:01 +0800

>>>>> "ER" == Elimar Riesebieter <[email-masked]> writes:
ER> * Install alsactl in /sbin and adjust rules, init, dirs and
ER>   udev.script before rebuilding the package. (See svn r2534)
I am just the most basic Debian user, although I can use su(1).
Those instructions are for people who build packages.