Subject: gnome-shell: Missing option to: Create New Launcher

From: Sophoklis Goumas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 03:18:00 +0200

Package: gnome-shell
Version: 3.0.2-8
Severity: minor

As shown here:
https://youtu.be/hy3r8H39-aU

if and after you enable file manager to show/handle desktop
the option to: Create New Launcher is missing.

Even if, one can restore this option by following these instructions:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861863
I think it is an option that it is missing.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 3.1.0-1-686-pae (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.utf8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.utf8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages gnome-shell depends on:
ii  dconf-gsettings-backend [gsettings-backend]  0.7.5-3                
ii  gconf2                                       3.2.3-1                
ii  gir1.2-atk-1.0                               2.2.0-2                
ii  gir1.2-clutter-1.0                           1.8.2-2                
ii  gir1.2-cogl-1.0                              1.8.2-1                
ii  gir1.2-coglpango-1.0                         1.8.2-1                
ii  gir1.2-freedesktop                           1.31.0-2               
ii  gir1.2-gconf-2.0                             3.2.3-1                
ii  gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0                         2.24.0-1               
ii  gir1.2-gkbd-3.0                              3.2.0-1                
ii  gir1.2-glib-2.0                              1.31.0-2               
ii  gir1.2-gnomebluetooth-1.0                    3.2.1-1                
ii  gir1.2-gtk-3.0                               3.2.2-2                
ii  gir1.2-json-1.0                              0.14.2-1               
ii  gir1.2-mutter-3.0                            3.2.1-2                
ii  gir1.2-networkmanager-1.0                    0.9.2.0-1              
ii  gir1.2-pango-1.0                             1.29.4-2               
ii  gir1.2-polkit-1.0                            0.102-2                
ii  gir1.2-telepathyglib-0.12                    0.16.2-1               
ii  gir1.2-telepathylogger-0.2                   0.2.10-2               
ii  gir1.2-upowerglib-1.0                        0.9.14-3               
ii  gjs                                          1.30.0-2               
ii  gnome-bluetooth                              3.2.1-1                
ii  gnome-icon-theme-symbolic                    3.2.1-1                
ii  gnome-settings-daemon                        3.0.3-3                
ii  gsettings-desktop-schemas                    3.2.0-2                
ii  libatk1.0-0                                  2.2.0-2                
ii  libc6                                        2.13-21                
ii  libcairo-gobject2                            1.10.2-6.1             
ii  libcairo2                                    1.10.2-6.1             
ii  libcamel-1.2-23                              3.0.3-2                
ii  libcanberra0                                 0.28-3                 
ii  libclutter-1.0-0                             1.8.2-2                
ii  libcogl-pango0                               1.8.2-1                
ii  libcogl5                                     1.8.2-1                
ii  libcroco3                                    0.6.2-2                
ii  libdbus-1-3                                  1.4.16-1               
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2                             0.98-1                 
ii  libdrm2                                      2.4.27-1               
ii  libebook1.2-10                               3.0.3-2                
ii  libecal1.2-8                                 3.0.3-2                
ii  libedataserver1.2-14                         3.0.3-2                
ii  libedataserverui-3.0-0                       3.0.3-2                
ii  libffi5                                      3.0.10-3               
ii  libfontconfig1                               2.8.0-3                
ii  libfreetype6                                 2.4.8-1                
ii  libgconf2-4                                  3.2.3-1                
ii  libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0                           2.24.0-1               
ii  libgirepository-1.0-1                        1.31.0-2               
ii  libgjs0b [libgjs0-libmozjs8d]                1.30.0-2               
ii  libgl1-mesa-glx [libgl1]                     7.11-6                 
ii  libglib2.0-0                                 2.30.2-4               
ii  libgnome-desktop-3-0                         3.0.2-2                
ii  libgnome-menu2                               3.0.1-4                
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0                           0.10.35-1              
ii  libgtk-3-0                                   3.2.2-2                
ii  libical0                                     0.44-3                 
ii  libjson-glib-1.0-0                           0.14.2-1               
ii  libmozjs8d                                   8.0-3                  
ii  libmutter0                                   3.2.1-2                
ii  libnspr4-0d                                  4.8.9-1                
ii  libnss3-1d                                   3.13.1.with.ckbi.1.88-1
ii  libpango1.0-0                                1.29.4-2               
ii  libpolkit-agent-1-0                          0.102-2                
ii  libpolkit-gobject-1-0                        0.102-2                
ii  libpulse-mainloop-glib0                      1.1-1                  
ii  libpulse0                                    1.1-1                  
ii  libsoup2.4-1                                 2.36.0-1               
ii  libsqlite3-0                                 3.7.9-2                
ii  libstartup-notification0                     0.12-1                 
ii  libtelepathy-glib0                           0.16.2-1               
ii  libtelepathy-logger2                         0.2.10-2               
ii  libx11-6                                     2:1.4.4-4              
ii  libxcomposite1                               1:0.4.3-2              
ii  libxdamage1                                  1:1.1.3-2              
ii  libxext6                                     2:1.3.0-3              
ii  libxfixes3                                   1:5.0-4                
ii  libxi6                                       2:1.4.3-3              
ii  libxml2                                      2.7.8.dfsg-5           
ii  python                                       2.7.2-9                

Versions of packages gnome-shell recommends:
ii  gnome-control-center   1:3.0.2-3
ii  gnome-themes-standard  3.2.1-2  

gnome-shell suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information