Subject: Re: transition: apache2

From: Arno Töll <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 18:34:16 +0200

Hi there,

I'm sorry to bother you once again and you're probably quite annoyed by
me already and perhaps quite busy with the upcoming stable point
release, too.

Having that said, I'd still like to ask you for permission to upload our
Apache package to Unstable. Pretending we would really freeze by June,
01 ("However, if you want your changes in Wheezy, please be sure to
upload them *before* June." [1]) there is *lots* of work pending,
especially on the module front.

Of a total of 73 packages, this is the status quo:

* 9 reverse dependencies have a package in Experimental already which
only needs another upload to Unstable after the web server reached Unstable

* 2 reverse dependencies have a 2.4 aware upload to Unstable pending

* 3 reverse dependencies have a 2.4 aware patch supplied to the BTS

* During a recent rebuild, 20 reverse dependencies turned out to be
trivially portable to 2.4. It only needs a Debian specific update.

* The remaining 39 reverse dependencies need porting or another upstream
release.

Among the most important reverse dependencies (mod_perl and mod_php5),
the mod_php5 package builds fine for Apache2 2.4 already, and sf is
currently looking to aid porting mod_perl to 2.4.

[1] <[email-masked]>

-- 
with kind regards,
Arno Töll
IRC: daemonkeeper on Freenode/OFTC
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x9D80F36D