Subject: Apache2 2.4 transition postponed

From: Stefan Fritsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 06:53:37 +0200

Hi,

we have decided to postpone the transition to apache2 2.4. The main 
blocker is that mod_perl needs a major new upstream release which very 
likely won't be ready in time for Wheezy and we don't want to release 
Wheezy without mod_perl.

Cheers,
Stefan

---

From: Cyril Brulebois <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:14:33 +0200

tag 661958 wontfix
thanks

> likely won't be ready in time for Wheezy and we don't want to release 

Thanks for the heads-up. It looked like there was too little time left
to process this transition in a sane way anyway.

Tagging wontfix for now as that's the first transition which isn't
happening. Either we'll just close this bug report, or remove the tag
once the release happens.

Mraw,
KiBi.

---

From: Arno Töll <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 11:30:58 +0200

Hi,

> once the release happens.

The latter please. We'd like to start the transition as soon as the
Testing is freeze is lifted again after Wheezy.

We thought you might be more willing to accept a major breakage right
after lifting the freeze with Wheezy+1 being in a distant future.

-- 
with kind regards,
Arno Töll
IRC: daemonkeeper on Freenode/OFTC
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x9D80F36D

---

From: Cyril Brulebois <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:01:57 +0200

tag 661958 - wontfix
tag 661958 + wheezy-ignore
thanks

> once the release happens.

Adjusting tags after I got an answer on #debian-release. ;-)

Mraw,
KiBi.