Subject: Bug#664882: Please package amavisd-new version >=2.7.0 (version testing/unstable) for stable

From: Michael Reincke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:15:33 +0100

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.6.4-3
Severity: wishlist

Please package amavisd-new version >=2.7.0 (version testing/unstable) for stable

as in version from stable (2.6.4) is a minor affecting sending unneeded DSNs
when blocking/rejecting mails.
See postfix mailinglist (sorry its in german)
https://listi.jpberlin.de/pipermail/postfixbuch-users/2012-March/058352.html

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0.4
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'proposed-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages amavisd-new depends on:
ii  adduser                3.112+nmu2        add and remove users and groups
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]  1.5.36.1          Debian configuration management sy
ii  file                   5.04-5+squeeze1   Determines file type using "magic"
ii  libarchive-zip-perl    1.30-3            Perl module for manipulation of ZI
ii  libberkeleydb-perl     0.42-1~squeeze1   use Berkeley DB 4 databases from P
ii  libcompress-raw-zlib-p 2.026-1           low-level interface to zlib compre
ii  libconvert-tnef-perl   0.17-9            Perl module to read TNEF files
ii  libconvert-uulib-perl  1.12-1            Perl interface to the uulib librar
pn  libdigest-md5-perl     <none>            (no description available)
ii  libio-stringy-perl     2.110-4           Perl modules for IO from scalars a
ii  libmail-dkim-perl      0.38-1            cryptographically identify the sen
ii  libmailtools-perl      2.06-1            Manipulate email in perl programs
pn  libmime-base64-perl    <none>            (no description available)
ii  libmime-tools-perl     5.428-1           Perl5 modules for MIME-compliant m
ii  libnet-server-perl     0.97-1            An extensible, general perl server
ii  libunix-syslog-perl    1.1-2             Perl interface to the UNIX syslog(
ii  pax                    1:20090728-3      Portable Archive Interchange
ii  perl [libtime-hires-pe 5.10.1-17squeeze3 Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  perl-modules [libarchi 5.10.1-17squeeze3 Core Perl modules

amavisd-new recommends no packages.

Versions of packages amavisd-new suggests:
ii  apt-listchanges   2.85.7+squeeze1        package change history notificatio
ii  arj               3.10.22-9              archiver for .arj files
ii  cabextract        1.3-1                  a program to extract Microsoft Cab
ii  clamav            0.97.3+dfsg-1~squeeze1 anti-virus utility for Unix - comm
ii  clamav-daemon     0.97.3+dfsg-1~squeeze1 anti-virus utility for Unix - scan
ii  cpio              2.11-4                 GNU cpio -- a program to manage ar
pn  dspam             <none>                 (no description available)
ii  lha               1.14i-10.3             lzh archiver
ii  libauthen-sasl-pe 2.1500-1               Authen::SASL - SASL Authentication
pn  libdbi-perl       <none>                 (no description available)
ii  libmail-dkim-perl 0.38-1                 cryptographically identify the sen
pn  libnet-ldap-perl  <none>                 (no description available)
pn  libsnmp-perl      <none>                 (no description available)
ii  lzop              1.02~rc1-2             fast compression program
pn  nomarch           <none>                 (no description available)
ii  p7zip             9.04~dfsg.1-1          7zr file archiver with high compre
ii  rpm               4.8.1-6+squeeze1       package manager for RPM
ii  spamassassin      3.3.1-1                Perl-based spam filter using text 
ii  unrar             1:3.9.10-1             Unarchiver for .rar files (non-fre
ii  unrar-free        1:0.0.1+cvs20071127-1  Unarchiver for .rar files
ii  zoo               2.10-22                manipulate zoo archives

-- Configuration Files:
/etc/amavis/conf.d/01-debian changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/conf.d/05-domain_id changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/conf.d/05-node_id changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/conf.d/15-content_filter_mode changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian_defaults changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/en_US/template-virus-admin.txt changed [not included]
/etc/amavis/en_US/template-virus-recipient.txt changed [not included]

-- debconf information excluded

-- debsums errors found:
debsums: changed file /usr/sbin/amavisd-new (from amavisd-new package)

---

From: Alexander Wirt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:25:58 +0100

tag 664882 wontfix
thanks

> https://listi.jpberlin.de/pipermail/postfixbuch-users/2012-March/058352.html
stable policy forbids this and the package from testing should work 1:1 on
stable.

Alex

---

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 19:29:46 -0300

> stable policy forbids this and the package from testing should work 1:1 on

Well, if the fix to the DSN stuff is isolated, we can backport it and upload
it to stable, yes.  But someone will have to do that work.

Meanwhile, we could provide the version in testing/unstable through
backports.debian.org...

-- 
  "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
  them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
  where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
  Henrique Holschuh

---

From: Alexander Wirt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:58:46 +0100

> Meanwhile, we could provide the version in testing/unstable through
in fact: yes. I even included it, unfortunatly I forgot to enable it in
00series. Feel free to ask the releaseteam to enable it in the next point
release.

Alex