Subject: Bug#668419: Tearing issues with libdrm-radeon1 and/or xserver-xorg-video-radeon

From: Julien Puydt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:29:27 +0200

Package: xserver-xorg-video-radeon
Version: 1:6.14.4-1

Hi,

since the last upgrade, my wife complains about tearing artefacts on
her screen. They generally go away when she moves things around (move
the mouse on the problem, scroll the page where it happens). It seems
only text is affected : images or videos don't seem to suffer from the
issue.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log says :
[   158.181] (==) AIGLX enabled
[   158.191] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "ATI Radeon HD 3200
Graphics" (ChipID = 0x9612)
[   158.251] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration enabled

I report on xserver-xorg-video-radeon, but perhaps libdrm-radeon1 would
have been more appropriate.

There is no error in the logs, so I don't know exactly what more to say.

Is there something I can do to get more useful information?

Snark on #gnome-hackers

---

From: Cyril Brulebois <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 21:07:44 +0200

> only text is affected : images or videos don't seem to suffer from the

Tell her to downgrade libcairo2 to testing's version, restart X, enjoy.

Mraw,
KiBi.