Subject: rhythmbox: Rhythmbox crashes when clicked on "properties" of ipod shuffle

From: kiran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:18:19 +0530

Package: rhythmbox
Version: 0.12.8-3
Severity: normal

Steps for Repro:
1. Attach ipod shuffle 2GB (green) to a machine with Debian 6.0.4
2. Open Rhythmbox and Right Click on ipod (present on left hand side), Select
Properties. Rhythmbox is crashing

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 6.0.4
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_IN, LC_CTYPE=en_IN (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages rhythmbox depends on:
ii  dbus               1.2.24-4+squeeze1     simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  gconf2             2.28.1-6              GNOME configuration database syste
ii  gnome-icon-theme   2.30.3-2              GNOME Desktop icon theme
ii  gstreamer0.10-alsa 0.10.30-1             GStreamer plugin for ALSA
ii  gstreamer0.10-plug 0.10.19-2+b2          GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
ii  gstreamer0.10-plug 0.10.30-1             GStreamer plugins from the "base" 
ii  gstreamer0.10-plug 0.10.24-1             GStreamer plugins from the "good" 
ii  gstreamer0.10-x    0.10.30-1             GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pang
ii  libatk1.0-0        1.30.0-1              The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libc6              2.11.3-3              Embedded GNU C Library: Shared lib
ii  libcairo2          1.8.10-6              The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libdbus-1-3        1.2.24-4+squeeze1     simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib-1-2   0.88-2.1              simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libfontconfig1     2.8.0-2.1             generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6       2.4.2-2.1+squeeze3    FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgconf2-4        2.28.1-6              GNOME configuration database syste
ii  libglib2.0-0       2.24.2-1              The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgnome-media0    2.30.0-1              runtime libraries for the GNOME me
ii  libgstreamer-plugi 0.10.30-1             GStreamer libraries from the "base
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0 0.10.30-1             Core GStreamer libraries and eleme
ii  libgtk2.0-0        2.20.1-2              The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libgudev-1.0-0     164-3                 GObject-based wrapper library for 
ii  libice6            2:1.0.6-2             X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  libnotify1 [libnot 0.5.0-2               sends desktop notifications to a n
ii  libpango1.0-0      1.28.3-1+squeeze2     Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpython2.6       2.6.6-8+b1            Shared Python runtime library (ver
ii  libsm6             2:1.1.1-1             X11 Session Management library
ii  libsoup-gnome2.4-1 2.30.2-1+squeeze1     an HTTP library implementation in 
ii  libsoup2.4-1       2.30.2-1+squeeze1     an HTTP library implementation in 
ii  libtotem-plparser1 2.30.3-1              Totem Playlist Parser library - ru
ii  libxml2            2.7.8.dfsg-2+squeeze1 GNOME XML library
ii  media-player-info  6-1                   Media player identification files
ii  python-gnome2      2.28.1-1              Python bindings for the GNOME desk
ii  python-gst0.10     0.10.19-1             generic media-playing framework (P
ii  python-gtk2        2.17.0-4              Python bindings for the GTK+ widge
ii  zlib1g             1:1.2.3.4.dfsg-3      compression library - runtime

Versions of packages rhythmbox recommends:
ii  avahi-daemon           0.6.27-2+squeeze1 Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins- 0.10.15-1         GStreamer plugins from the "ugly" 
ii  gvfs-backends          1.6.4-3           userspace virtual filesystem - bac
ii  notification-daemon    0.5.0-2           daemon to displays passive pop-up 
ii  rhythmbox-plugins      0.12.8-3          plugins for rhythmbox music player
ii  yelp                   2.30.1+webkit-1   Help browser for GNOME

Versions of packages rhythmbox suggests:
ii  gnome-codec-install         0.4.7+nmu1   GStreamer codec installer
ii  gnome-control-center        1:2.30.1-2   utilities to configure the GNOME d
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad   0.10.19-2+b2 GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
ii  rhythmbox-plugin-cdrecorder 0.12.8-3     burning plugin for rhythmbox music
pn  rhythmbox-plugin-coherence  <none>       (no description available)

-- no debconf information