Subject: Re: Bug#673612: Keyboard shortcuts no longer work with gnome-shell 3.4

From: Stefano Zacchiroli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:08:31 +0200

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 12:57:54PM -0700, Josh Triplett wrote:
> > - Can you (re)create your shortcuts?
> 
> I tried recreating my shortcuts via the Keyboard settings dialog.  While
> I can now set keyboard shortcuts using Super as a modifier (which
> previously did not work and just treated Super_L as a key in itself),
> hitting those keys does not actually invoke the desired action.  I tried
> setting up a custom shortcut to launch gnome-terminal, and I tried
> setting the existing "Launch web browser" shortcut; neither one worked.
> 
> If I set the shortcuts to use a modifier other than Super, I can invoke
> them.  Any shortcut I set using Super does not seem to work, though the
> keyboard settings dialog itself recognizes it just fine.

Just in case: same here. I'm giving gnome shell a try in a brand new
user on my work machine. I've tried to set Super+Return as shortcut to
launch gnome-terminal there. The shortcut is accepted in the
configuration window, but it doesn't work once set. If I rather try to
use a shortcut that does not involve Super, e.g. Alt+Return, it works as
expected.

(both shell and settings-daemon are at 3.4 versions)

Thanks for your work on GNOME!
Cheers.
-- 
Stefano Zacchiroli     zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} . o .
Maître de conférences   ......   http://upsilon.cc/zack   ......   . . o
Debian Project Leader    .......   @zack on identi.ca   .......    o o o
« the first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club »