Subject: Include "add" to sum up input

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:45:13 +0200

Package: moreutils
Version: 0.47
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

I've often wondered why there is no equivalent to "wc" which counts
input byte that will simply add up the numbers it gets fed. Examples
would be adding up file sizes, "wc -l" output, or whatever numbers
some shell pipe produces.

The attached "add" program is trivial (I don't even claim any
copyrightable content), but useful.

Please consider including it in moreutils.

Christoph
-- 
[email-masked] | http://www.df7cb.de/

---

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:24:06 -0400

> copyrightable content), but useful.

I'd rather see num-utils get packaged by some interested person.
http://suso.suso.org/programs/num-utils/

-- 
see shy jo

---

From: Christoph Berg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:05:57 +0200

Re: Joey Hess 2012-07-26 <[email-masked]>
> http://suso.suso.org/programs/num-utils/

Point taken.

The idea was to have it included in some package I could expect to be
installed on all systems. num-utils already sounds too specific to
have it everywhere by default.

Christoph