Subject: Re: Bug#684101: conkeror: Support xulrunner 14

From: Axel Beckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 07:51:11 +0200

block 684101 by 683157
kthxbye

Hi,

Vincent Bernat wrote:
> The current version of conkeror depends on xulrunner up to 13.0. While
> xulrunner 10 is in unstable, other versions are not
> available.

This is on purpose. xulrunner-14.0 has a bug which prevents pure JS
XULRunner applications like Conkeror to work on Linux.

See http://bugs.debian.org/683157 and
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=756786

> xulrunner 14 is in experimental. Running the current
> version of Conkeror with xulrunner-14.0 does not seem to work.

As fixed XULRunner 15 and 16 are available on mozilla.debian.net for a
few days now, there's a version of Conkeror in Git which supports 15
and 16 but still not 14. I'll soon upload a version of Conkeror to
experimental which will support XULRunner 15 and 16.

		Regards, Axel
-- 
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <[email-masked]>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
`. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
  `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5