Subject: Re: Issues with xulrunner-14.0: run-mozilla.sh missing? [fixed in xulrunner-15.0 and xulrunner-16.0 now]

From: Axel Beckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 15:14:41 +0200

Hi,

Mike Hommey wrote:
> > Mike Hommey wrote:
> > > > > Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=756786.
[...]
> FYI, I just landed it this morning. I'll wait for a xulrunner nightly
> including the landing and will then request uplifting for 15 and 16.
> Too late for 14, I guess, although I'll see with upstream release team
> if we can have a xulrunner-only point release.

JFTR: With Mike's recent uploads of the xulrunner-15.0 and
xulrunner-16.0 packages to http://mozilla.debian.net/ (versions
15.0~b3-1 and 16.0~a2+20120803042008-1 to be precise), the issue is
fixed. Thanks!

I'll prepare a new conkeror package (for Debian experimental) which
supports these two versions of xulrunner. (Cc'ing the conkeror mailing
list.)

xulrunner-14.0 is not yet fixed/supported as it has been released with
that bug (see http://bugs.debian.org/683157; Cc'ed) and it's harder to
get that fixed in minor release update than in an alpha or beta
release. There though seems a chance that it will be fixed in an
upcoming xulrunner/firefox 14.0.x release, maybe 14.0.2 (as 14.0.1 has
been released already, too).

		Regards, Axel
-- 
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <[email-masked]>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin
`. `'   |  1024D: F067 EA27 26B9 C3FC 1486  202E C09E 1D89 9593 0EDE
  `-    |  4096R: 2517 B724 C5F6 CA99 5329  6E61 2FF9 CD59 6126 16B5