Subject: Re: Bug#687022: found also with libm4ri

From: Leo 'costela' Antunes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 02:22:48 +0200

Hi,

On 07/01/13 16:32, Niels Thykier wrote:

> This missing "+" in the regex has been fixed in Lintian 2.5.11
> (experimental)[1]; though my question remains if we should really
> re-order those regexes.

I believe you are right. The idea is to find a link with either of the
two formats:
libwhatever.so -> libwhatever-X.so
libwhatever.so -> libwhatever.so.X

So the two regexes really should be mutually exclusive.

However, our package (libevent) actually does the following:
libevent.so -> libevent-2.0.so.2.0.21

My question is: is this worth inclusion in lintian as an acceptable
format, or should I just add an override and be done with it?
FWIW, after a cursory look at the list of tagged packages, there are at
least a couple of other libs using the same format (libdirectfb,
libnet6, probably others).

Cheers

-- 
Leo "costela" Antunes
[insert a witty retort here]