Subject: Bug#687022: lintian: regex error in dev-pkg-without-shlib-symlink

From: Andreas Metzler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:07:01 +0200

On 2013-06-10 Jakub Wilk <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
> Example: If the library is installed in
> /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXYZ.so.V, the symlink is expected at
> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXYZ.so."

> The static library and the .so symlink are certainly never needed
> before /usr is mounted, so they should live in /usr/lib, not in
> /lib.

Hello,
I am pretty sure there was a very good reason for keeping everything
in /lib. Let's check...

I see:  It was the fact that there is no correct way to specify
library in /x .so in /y in the libtool .la file.
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgcrypt11/+bug/751142>

This should not be an issue anymore, since we do not ship th la file
anymore. I'll try changing it.

Thanks for the explanation, cu Andreas
-- 
`What a good friend you are to him, Dr. Maturin. His other friends are
so grateful to you.'
`I sew his ears on from time to time, sure'