Subject: Bug#697242: dput-ng: please make timeout configurable

From: Paul Tagliamonte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 19:56:01 -0500

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 12:36:51AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> Package: dput-ng
> Version: 1.3
> Severity: wishlist
> 
> 13:36 < jwilk> daemonkeeper: I can haz dput-ng's timeout
> configurable? 10s is not necessarily enough...
> 14:08 < daemonkeeper> jwilk: Which timeout do you mean? Generally
> speaking, send a patch or even better, just commit :)
> 14:11 < jwilk> daemonkeeper: There's more than one? oO The one in
> dput/uploaders/ftp.py, I guess.
> 14:13 < daemonkeeper> jwilk: Ah, sort of. We use uploader classes
> and they may have their own understanding of timeout. As for me, I'm
> fine to have that configurable for all uploading classes. 14:13 <
> daemonkeeper> Perhaps not separate though.

While that's no doubt true, if it's provided on the CLI or in the
profile, both (pretty clearly) are for a single given target / uploader
-- we can just override when one exists, and make sure all uploaders
behave.

Rockn', I'm +1

> -- 
> Jakub Wilk

-- 
 .''`.  Paul Tagliamonte <[email-masked]>
: :'  : Proud Debian Developer
`. `'`  4096R / 8F04 9AD8 2C92 066C 7352  D28A 7B58 5B30 807C 2A87
 `-     http://people.debian.org/~paultag