Subject: Bug#698446: Automatic restart of amavisd from spamassassin broken in some cases

From: Robie Basak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:14:52 +0000

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.7.1-2
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: origin-ubuntu raring

amavisd-new 1:2.6.4-3 (squeeze) installs
etc/spamassassin/sa-update-hooks.d/amavisd-new, but this file is not
marked executable.

This was fixed in 1:2.7.0-1 (wheezy and sid are on 1:2.7.1-2) with an
extra line in debian/rules that marks
etc/spamassassin/sa-update-hooks.d/amavisd-new executable.

But since this is a conffile, an existing file isn't being fixed on
upgrade from existing installations. Anybody starting from squeeze (or
presumably earlier) is affected.

Therefore:

On squeeze, spamassassin silently fails to restart amavisd on update.

On wheezy and sid, fresh installations work correctly, but upgrades on
systems originally on squeeze do not work.

Please could you add logic to check and correct for this in
amavisd-new.postinst?

Downstream bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1101160
Workaround: sudo chmod 755 /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-update-hooks.d/amavisd-new

Thanks,

Robie