Subject: not amavis' fault, but file magic

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:16:36 +0200

Hi, I've run into this lately, too.
It appears that amavis uses the local installation of "file"'s magic
configuration for identifying file-content.

With an old "file magic" it says "Zip archive" for newer word docs,
and in turn probably extracts the contents to check each file
individually, and eventually stumbles over trash/0000.dat, which
triggers as DOS-executable.

With a new / updated "file magic" it correctly reports word-doc, and
probably isn't touched any further.
-- 
Rado, enjoy

---

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:23:16 -0300

> probably isn't touched any further.

Do you guys have any idea of which version of "file" magic causes
trouble?

-- 
  Henrique Holschuh

---

From: Rado S <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:26:56 +0200

=- Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote on Tue 20.Jun'17 at 13:23:16 -0300 -=

> Do you guys have any idea of which version of "file" magic causes

I don't know when it starts to break, but this one fails:

	magic binary file for file(1) cmd (version 7) (little endian)