Subject: Re: general: problem with laptop suspend after dist-upgrade

From: Francois Gouget <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:08:04 +0200 (CEST)

Eric Valette is being bugged by this issue:
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" 
> /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
> Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Suspend" with 
> signature "" on interface "org.freedesktop.UPower" doesn't exist

I ran into this too and as far as I can tell this happens because UPower 
has been superseded by Systemd.Logind. So the fix I found is to make the 
following call instead:

dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=org.freedesktop.login1 \
    /org/freedesktop/login1 org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.Suspend \
    boolean:true

There are similar commands for HybridSleep and Hibernate. The 
Systemd.Logind documentation can be found there:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/logind/

-- 
Francois Gouget <[email-masked]>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
             Research is the transformation of money to knowledge.
            Innovation is the transformation of knowledge to money.
                              -- Dr. Hans Meixner