Subject: Bug#734646: mono-nunit.pc shouldn't symlink to nunit.pc

From: Mirco Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:26:00 +0100

tags 734646 + confirmed
thanks

Hi Andres,

I can confirm your issue and it should be fixed. That patch alone is
not a fix, as it will break the other mono source packages that rely
on mono-nunit.pc.

If upstreams behavior should be mimicked, then it needs to follow the
mono version. This is not what you get by dropping the "file". On the
other hand, faking mono's version does not solve the actual problem,
because you expect a specific nunit API from that mono version but get
possibly something different packaged in debian.

So the real fix is indeed patching all mono-nunit users in debian to
use nunit instead and then drop the mono-nunit symlink.
If you provide patches for that, I am going to merge it.

Thanks for paying attention to such details and bringing them up!

-- 
Best regards,

Mirco 'meebey' Bauer

FOSS Developer          [email-masked]  https://www.meebey.net/
Debian Developer        [email-masked]  http://www.debian.org/
GNOME Foundation Member [email-masked] http://www.gnome.org/
PGP-Key ID              0xEEF946C8         https://meebey.net/pubkey.asc