Subject: Re: Bug#736360: lintian: do not warn about doxygen embedding jquery

From: Jakub Wilk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 23:03:13 +0100

* Helmut Grohne <[email-masked]>, 2014-02-03, 13:33:
>>Security is not the only issue here. jquery.js created by Doxygen is 
>>minified, so there's a risk that we ship it without source.
>
>Thanks for highlighting the issue. Fortunately we already have a tool 
>to work around this issue. It is called Built-Using. Last time I 
>checked whether (dh_)doxygen should be simplifying the process of 
>adding the Built-Using headers, I achieved no consensus on the value of 
>such a change and discussion on what Built-Using is supposed to mean 
>was still ongoing. If there is consensus now, we can use that tool to 
>address this particular issue.
>
>Do you think that this would adequately address the availability of 
>source?

Yes.

>Do you happen to have an alternative proposal in mind?

Well, the simpler alternative is to make doxygen use unminified JS.

-- 
Jakub Wilk