Subject: libvirt: Please enable selinux security driver

From: Laurent Bigonville <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 00:52:20 +0200

Source: libvirt
Version: 0.9.12-5
Severity: wishlist

Hi,

Could you please enable the selinux security driver on libvirt compiled
on linux.

This bug is more a reminder bug. This shouldn't be implemented until
#559356 is fixed.

Cheers

Laurent Bigonville

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 3.5-trunk-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=fr_BE.utf8, LC_CTYPE=fr_BE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

---

From: Guido Günther <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:30:01 +0200

Hi Laurent,
> This bug is more a reminder bug. This shouldn't be implemented until

Somebody with interest in SELinux would need to fix up the necessary
policies (as you noted). Are you in any way interested to do this? I'd
be happy to do so but I'm lacking the time for any serioius Debian work
at the moment.
Cheers,
 -- Guido

> _______________________________________________
> Pkg-libvirt-maintainers mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pkg-libvirt-maintainers
>

---

From: Laurent Bigonville <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:41:09 +0200

Le Thu, 20 Sep 2012 07:30:01 +0200,

> Hi Laurent,

Hey,

> be happy to do so but I'm lacking the time for any serioius Debian
> work at the moment.

Yeah, I'm already more or less busy with this :) I'm trying to get the
specific debian patches we have merged upstream when they are relevant.

On my laptop I have libvirt starting with the selinux security driver
enabled and the git HEAD of the refpolicy. KVM seems started in the
right context and the right category, but virt-manager is not showing
me that the selinux security driver is being used (only showing me
DAC). So I guess everything is not perfect yet.

Cheers

Laurent Bigonville