Subject: Re: Bug#742891: NetworkManager integration broken (user connections / unmanaged devices)

From: Michael Biebl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:00:45 +0100

Am 28.03.2014 17:06, schrieb Michael Biebl:

> Even more important is getting the user connections support
> forward-ported. This patch (for wheezy) ensured that unprivileged users
> didn't have to enter a root password whenever you connected to a
> wireless network. This patch, 28_network_user_connections.patch, was
> dropped as well in 3.8
> 
> I'm certain that 40-force-online.patch is still necessary. I'm not
> entirely sure about 28_network_user_connections.patch. Unless upstream
> has fixed this in some other way, it needs to be forward ported as well.

I just verified that 28_network_user_connections.patch is still
necessary. Without this patch, I need admin privileges to create a new
(wireless) connection, unless I'm an administrator (i.e. in group sudo).

So we should definitely forward-port this to 3.8 (or 3.12)

-- 
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?