Subject: Re: Bug#745800: can't stop banned notifications

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:11:06 -0300

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> $virus_admin = undef;
> 
> and then I don't get the notifications at all - but this is not desirable either, as they end up in the quarantine directory wasting disk space.

Then disable quarantine for these.

> Given the amount of rubbish email these days, it would be better if the
> default configuration was able to simply bounce everything to sender

We must attempt to avoid generating backscatter by default.  You never
bounce viruses back, ever.  You discard them.  And by default, you
quarantine them to help prevent data loss due to miscategorization by the
antivirus, or due to configuration errors.

The real issue here is why the banned stuff is being considered a virus in
the first place.

-- 
  "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
  them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
  where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
  Henrique Holschuh