Subject: Re: Bug#747400: bash: Vcs-Bzr is out of date

From: Gioele Barabucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2025 17:15:10 +0200

On 07/04/25 16:08, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 at 16:12:09 -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> On Thu 2014-05-08 05:57:29 -0400, Anders Kaseorg wrote:
>>> bash’s debian/control lists
>>>
>>> Vcs-Bzr: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~doko/+junk/pkg-bash-debian
>>>
>>> However, this Bazaar repository doesn’t have any versions newer than
>>> 4.2+dfsg-1.
>>
>> In the absence of a public Vcs that tracks debian packaging for bash,
>> i've gone ahead and generated one that i'd feel comfortable contributing
>> to with:
>>
>>   gbp import-dscs --debsnaps bash
>>
>> I also pushed the resulting repository to salsa at
>> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bash so hopefully other people will take
>> a look at it and consider working with it from there.
> 
> While working on a Debian derivative I found myself wanting to refer to 
> the versioning history of bash, so I've continued Daniel's work by 
> importing all versions known to snapshot.debian.org between Debian 10 
> and now. If there are no more bash uploads before Debian 13 (which seems 
> reasonably likely now that we have passed the toolchain freeze), then 
> this will cover the Debian 11, 12 and 13 stable releases.

Hi Simon,

https://git.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash is another viable base 
repo. (I use it as a base for <https://salsa.debian.org/gioele/bash>.)

The branch `ubuntu/debian/sid` tracks all patches-unapplied versions of 
bash uploaded to unstable, so it should ("may"?) match the versions on 
snapshot.d.o. There are other branches tracking different releases and 
experimental.

Does your repo contain versions that are not present in the Ubuntu repo?

Regards,

-- 
Gioele Barabucci