Subject: dv4l: bashism in /bin/sh script

From: Raphael Geissert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 12:53:31 +0100

Package: dv4l
Severity: minor
Version: 1.0-5
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: goal-dash

Hi,

I've ran checkbashisms (from the 'devscripts' package) over the whole
archive and I found that your package has a /bin/sh script that uses a
"bashism".

checkbashisms' output:
> possible bashism in ./usr/bin/dv4lstart line 69 (exit|return with negative
> status code):
>	  exit -1

Not using bash (or a Debian Policy compliant shell interpreter that doesn't
provide such an extra feature) as /bin/sh is likely to lead to errors or
unexpected behaviours. Please be aware that dash is the default /bin/sh.

Please closely examine the above output and the script, and determine
what the proper severity of the bug is, and adjust it accordingly. If
it's important or greater please hurry to get this fixed for jessie.

Hints about how to fix bashisms can be found at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh

Thanks in advance,
Raphael Geissert