Subject: Bug#772307: mcabber: bashism in /bin/sh script

From: Raphael Geissert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:14:51 +0100

Package: mcabber
Severity: minor
Version: 0.10.2-1
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: goal-dash

Hi,

I've ran checkbashisms (from the 'devscripts' package) over the whole
archive and I found that your package has a /bin/sh script that uses a
"bashism".

checkbashisms' output:
> possible bashism in
> ./usr/share/doc/mcabber/examples/contrib/events/eventcmd.pastebin line 37
> (should be 'b = a'):
> [ "$jid" == "$me" ] && exit 0

Not using bash (or a Debian Policy compliant shell interpreter that doesn't
provide such an extra feature) as /bin/sh is likely to lead to errors or
unexpected behaviours. Please be aware that dash is the default /bin/sh.

Please closely examine the above output and the script, and determine
what the proper severity of the bug is, and adjust it accordingly. If
it's important or greater please hurry to get this fixed for jessie.

Hints about how to fix bashisms can be found at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DashAsBinSh

Thanks in advance,
Raphael Geissert

---

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 13:41:47 +0000

Thank you for filing a new Bug report with Debian.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has been forwarded to the package maintainers (but not
other interested parties, as you requested) for their attention; they
will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
 Franziska Lichtblau <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
772307: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=772307
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems