Subject: Bug#784081: Acknowledgement (debian-installer-8-netboot-amd64:expert netboot install hangs at step install_packages (tasksel):uninitialized value in vec at /usr/bin/debconf-apt-progress)

From: "Hendrik Schaink" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 16:56:10 -0600

Hello debian-installer team,

The full text of hang condition as displayed in the last 2 log lines at tty4:

Apr 29 19:38:25 in-target: Use of unitinialzed value in vec at 
/usr/bin/debconf-apt-progress line {274|275}, <STDIN> line 2. 

The only way to get past the hang condition was to kill the most recent 
perl process executing /usr/bin/debconf-apt-progress. At that point the 
installer displayed "Installation step failed" and allowed to continue 
by pressing the Continue button. I ended up skipping install step 
"Select and Install Software" to continue with installing grub2, then 
rebooted successfully. 

I took photos of the errors on the screen so I could report them. 
Please let me know if it would be helpful and I can e-mail those photos. 

Thank you,

Hendrik Schaink

On Sat, 02 May 2015 20:21:06 0000, Debian Bug Tracking System 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Thank you for filing a new Bug report with Debian. 

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received. 

Your message is being forwarded to the package maintainers and other
interested parties for their attention; they will reply in due course. 

As you requested using X-Debbugs-CC, your message was also forwarded to
[email-masked]
(after having been given a Bug report number, if it did not have one). 

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
Debian Install System Team <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked]. 

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system. 

-- 
784081: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784081
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems