Subject: missing appstream integration

From: Raphael Hertzog <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 09:53:22 +0200

retitle -1 reprepro: please support appstream metadata (dep-11)
severity -1 important
thanks

Hello,

this missing feature renders gnome-software totally useless
on a reprepro managed repository (such as in Kali). See this
bug we got in Kali if you want to see a screenshot:
https://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=4653

Hence I'm bumping the severity of the bug in the hope that it
will get a bit more traction.

Thank you.
-- 
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Support Debian LTS: https://www.freexian.com/services/debian-lts.html
Learn to master Debian: https://debian-handbook.info/get/

---

From: Jérémie Tarot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 18:26:03 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 09:53:22 +0200 Raphael Hertzog <[email-masked]>
wrote:
> on a reprepro managed repository (such as in Kali).

Not only gnome-software but also KDE's Discover is deprived of APT sources
support without it, which is first frustrating and second inviting users to
install Flatpack or Snap packages which is supported out of the box...

> will get a bit more traction.

I believe I'm not the only one to think this is getting really important
nowadays.
Thanks in advance for your consideration

TY
J